Handy Shutdown Software for Windows - Shutdown Command (FREE)
Shutdown Command is free shutdown software for Windows; it is one friendly graphical interface of shutdown.exe command. Shutdown.exe is the built-in command line utility to shutdown, restart or logoff your computer, it is available on the Microsoft Windows. It is a command-line tool that you can use to shut down or to restart a local or remote computer, support auto shutdown and auto reboot. Shutdown Command is one advance tool for shutdown.exe.
As a system shutdown manager utility program, Shutdown Command have more powerful and easier functions, it can help you to remotely shutdown one or several computers on your network quickly and easily, it is one small and handy utility for every Windows users. Shutdown Command support to shutdown, power off, reboot, or log off computers at schedule time you specifies (this function need the Windows Service Task Scheduler run on these computers, program use AT command to manage the task scheduler jobs).
DownloadThe latest version is 1.1, it is freeware. This is verified 100% clean software.
Download Shutdown Command from SoftSea
Version: 1.1 (531.82 KB)
Support Windows: 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista (32-bit and 64-bit Editions)
How to Use
Program can save all the computers, if you have to manage many computers one time, it can be used as one batch tool, and this feature can help you more.
- Shutdown computer, Restart computer or Log off the user
- Forces shutdown at once
- Set a given time for shutdown, in seconds (default is 30 seconds, system will show one dialog to notice users)
- Forces running applications to close without warning
- Shutdown comment (maximum of 127 characters, this comment will be show the notice dialog)
- Cancels a system shutdown already in progress
- Schedule automatically shutdown and restart on same times (such as 22:00, need Task Scheduler service)
- Schedule automatically shutdown and restart everyday (need Task Scheduler service)
- Compatible and work well with Windows Vista, both Vista 32-bit and 64-bit Editions
RemarkSometimes, program will repost the error message "The network path was not found. All shutdown jobs done.", this message can occur when the TCP/IP configuration is using the incorrect IP address for the Domain Name Service (DNS) or WINS server on your network, or when no name server IP addresses are specified. To verify that the relevant IP addresses are correct, follow these steps: (from microsoft)
- On the desktop, right-click My Network Places, and then click Properties.
- Right-click the appropriate connection object, and then click Properties.
- Click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), and then click Properties.
- Click Advanced.
- Click DNS, and then click Add. In the DNS Server box, type the IP address of the DNS server to use to resolve DNS fully qualified domain names (FQDN), and then click Add.
- Repeat this procedure to add the IP addresses of each DNS server on your network. After adding all DNS server IP addresses, click the arrow buttons to arrange the list of IP addresses in the preferred order of use.
- Click WINS, and then click Add. In the WINS Server box, type the IP address of the WINS server to use to resolve NetBIOS names, and then click Add.
- Repeat this procedure to add the IP addresses of each WINS server on your network. After adding all WINS server IP addresses, click the arrow buttons to arrange the list of IP addresses in the preferred order of use.
- Click OK in the open dialog boxes to close them and to save the new settings.